Port Safety Forum Thursday
The quarterly Port Safety Forum meeting comes up this Thursday April 10 at 10am at the Portland Ocean Terminal. Below is the agenda and some bits from the previous meetings' minutes.
* Right Whale Sighting Update – Kristen Koyama, NMFS
* Development , feedback of NWS Marine forecast- John Cannon, NWS
*Historical Tide Levels-Steve Dickson, Maine Geological Survey
* Demolition of Waldo/Hancock Bridge-Maine DOT
* TWIC Update- (commercial sailor ID's) Al Moore USCG
* LNG Update-Al Moore, USCG
* Ice Season (Reporting, breaking requests, etc.) CWO Chase, USCG
At their last meeting, the Forum discussed a "Penobscot Bay maritime issues forum"
This was proposed by John Henshaw head of the Maine Port Authority under the Navigation committee. ..."Dredging and other topics would be discussed among various groups with a variety of interests: Pilots, MMA, environmental groups etc. would be perhaps involved."
There should be a followup on the Penobscot Bay maritime issues forum at this meeting.
Kevin Rousseau, MDOT Office of Freight Transportation
(207) 624-3565 email@example.com