On Tuesday December 14th, 2010, the Island Institute will host the "Offshore Wind: Tools and Information for Coastal Stakeholders" conference.
Topics are the standard fare for these events:
* "Maine's new offshore wind goals
* Critical factors that will impact the development of offshore wind
* East Coast experiences with offshore wind siting
* Concepts and tools for evaluating ocean renewable energy projects
* Improving the community outreach and permitting process "
In this context, "improving the permitting process" means weakening the environmental & conservation rules . Island Institute, NRCM, CLF and a host of other eco-yuppy outfits have decided the War on Carbon's end justifies the means; laudably global in thinking but hideously impractical for the health of the wild Gulf of Maine.