The Island Institute sponsored: Offshore Ocean energy: Tools and Information for Coastal Stakeholders on December 14, 2010. Panel three of the meeting included people and organizations in Rhode Island & Massachusetts, states which are further into the offshore wind planning & decisionmaking than Maine.The panel also includes a rep of tidal energy developer ORPC. Moderated by Dave McGlinchey, Manomet Center for Conservation Science.
Panel 3 Lessons Learned from Siting Renewable Energy Projects
* Introduction by Dave MccGlinchey 2 minutes
* Kim Gaffett, Mayor Block Island. 15 min
* Rick Ballavance,Rhode Island Party & Charterboat Association 15 min
* John Weber, Massachusetts Coastal Zone Mgmt 20 min
* Glen Marquis, Ocean Renewable Power Company 13 min
* Question and Answer Session 19 min