On Tuesday December 14th, 2010, The Island Institute will host the "Offshore Wind: Tools and Information for Coastal Stakeholders" conference. The event will be held at the Hutchinson Center in Belfast, Maine.
Registration (click here) is free for the first 100 participants and $15 for those that register after that.
* Maine's new offshore wind goals
* Critical factors that will impact the development of offshore wind
* East Coast experiences with offshore wind siting
* Concepts and tools for evaluating ocean renewable energy projects
* Improving the community outreach and permitting process